These cookies seemed very unique and creative, unlike any other cookie. Coffee cake is a yummy dessert and I wanted to see how well these cookies captured the taste of the real cake.
Pillsbury Sugar Cookies
1 cup Flour
1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
4 tbsp . Softened unsalted Butter
1) In a mixing bowl, mix flour, 1/2 cup of light brown sugar, cinnamon and unsalted butter together.
2) Make the sugar cookies like you normally would
3) Put them in the oven. About 5 minutes before they are done, gently use the back of a spoon to make a little dent.
Oops, they’re not ready.
4) Take your light brown sugar mixture and pile it onto the cookies. Place cookies back in the oven for the remaining time.
5) While they finish baking, mix the rest of the brown sugar (1/2 cup), the vanilla, and 2 tbsp. of water together for the glaze. Drizzle it over the cookies. And enjoy!
Taste: Actually very good. The crumble definitely tasted like coffee cake but the sugar cookie gave it a little sugar cookie kick in taste.
Time: 30 mins
Price: Less than $10
Difficulty: No problems
Follow me on Twitter @PinningInRL
Original Pinterest link: http://www.ohbiteit.com/2013/01/coffee-cake-cookies.html