How does this not sound amazing? Cheese, bacon, BBQ sauce, and onions?! (I added bacon because I just love it, the end.) I get a specialized sandwich from Sonic that is like this so I wanted to try to make a homemade one.
Large red onion
Sharp cheddar cheese
Pepper jack cheese
1) Thinly slice onions
Don’t forget your toothpick so you don’t cry!
2) Add 1/2 tbsp of butter to skillet with onions over medium heat. Cook until onion begin to get brown in color. Set aside for later.
3) Cook bacon in frying pan. I cooked 2 slices for each sandwich I was making.
4) Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Spread BBQ sauce on the other side of the bread.
5) Add 1/2 tbsp of butter to pan for each sandwich. Lay bread in pan, butter side down BBQ sauce side up. Put a layer of the sharp cheddar, bacon, onions, and then pepper jack. Then place the another piece of bread BBQ sauce side down, butter side up.
6) Flip continuously until bread is golden and cheese is melted. Use a lid to make cheese melt faster. (I just used the huge lid I used for the bacon.)
Taste: This is one of the greatest sandwiches
Time: I made 5 sandwiches and it took a little longer than an hour
Price: Less than $10
Difficulty: After I burnt the onions once, everything else was smooth sailing.
Follow me on Twitter @PinningInRL
Original Pinterest link: http://www.ringfingertanline.com/2012/10/23/sweet-spicy-caramelized-onion-bbq-grilled-cheese/